I'm debating posting this "publicly" but considering my Mom is the only the really "reads" this and this is basically my journal - AND my children REALLY need to read this SOMEDAY {AND MAKE THIS DAY UP TO ME!!}... I decided to lay out the nitty gritty details of the worst Mother's Day ever.
What started as a normal day..turned into quite the fiasco. The boys and I left for church. We always struggle in church - busy boys needing to sit quietly never works out well. Mason has had quite a few issues with Sunbeams {he doesn't love his teacher and has decided to fight me about going every Sunday stating that he want to go to the "other church" meaning nursery!}SO we were having our usual debate outside primary while Miller grabs the "use this to break the glass" part of the fire extinguisher and manages to break the glass... SO I take them outside the door to the front of the church. Mason gets put in timeout by a flag pole and I threaten him with everything {losing his privileges, fishing pole, bb gun, toys, etc...} to try to get him to just go to Sunbeams. {Sunbeams started in January and we were still throwing a fit in May - my patients over this issue were worn thin to say the least, our sweet Mason brings a whole new meaning to the word stubborn.!!!} Meanwhile Miller is running in the road {he won't got to nursery without me - I have had a calling in Nursery for the past year so he's never been without me.} After warning Miller to quit running in the road multiple times and finally over trying to negotiate with Mason. I spank Miller for running in the road...again. I tell Mason he has five seconds to go to class or he is getting a spanking and we are going home. He chooses to NOT go to class so I drag him to the car, spank him and buckle them both in their car-seats and head home - crying. Thinking it was just a horrible Mother's Day. Little did I know...it was about to get much worse... I have a good friend who is a dispatcher... I get a text from her asking what I was wearing... Thinking it was a very strange question I tell her I had just got home from church and was in sweats. She then proceeds to tell me that she got a call about a "lady" spanking her kids in front of the Mormon church, two boys, dark short hair, orange dress, and my car description... Well my friend put two and two together that it was probably me. At this point I am mortified, crying even more, I tell her it was me...asking if it was illegal to spank my kids and telling her she could give my number to the cop if he needed to talk to me. She spend the next twenty minutes being a good friend and reassuring me that I am not in trouble, that she vouched for me, that I am a good mom and that people call 911 if you breathe wrong and they are just required to follow up. I cried basically the whole day. I felt awful and embarrassed... Then I woke up the next day just feeling pissed. Parenting is hard - especially with stubborn strong willed kids - and having to do it alone half my life. I don't beat my kids. I yell, they get spankings for serious things {like running in the road and spitting on me telling me I'm the worst Mom ever (on Mother's Day!)!!!} they test my patience daily but they also bring me joy daily! I just wish I knew who called so I could drop my stubborn 4 year old off on their door-step and they can discipline him.. {although apparently they don't believe in discipline!}
The lack of discipline and follow through is what is wrong with so many children these days. I refuse to raise a child that has no accountability and believes that there isn't consequences for your actions. I have to be a parent. And while I know I could work on my patience and many aspects of my parenting - I love my kids and discipline them out of love. I want them to be decent human beings someday. Not entitled little brats that think they can do whatever they want.
Anyway - It was basically the worst Mother's Day ever. Don't spank you kids in public either --- you never know who will call the cops on you...
This picture was the next Sunday. We had a lot of long talks about Sunbeams that week. Mason kept saying he didn't want to be alone - so we took his scriptures and put pictures on some of our favorite people {family and friends} so when he feels alone in class he can look at his special pictures. It has worked for the past two weeks so hopefully getting the cops called on us was the peak of our struggle and things will get easier from here on out...
And Mason - when you read this when your older - remember you OWE your Mother a STELLAR Mother's Day to make up for this disastrous day!!


1 comment:
Love you Sabrina! You are a great mom! I have some yucky Mothers Day stories. It's the holiday I hate (;
Post a Comment