Our little guy is finally here! Mason was born on May 7th at 1:40 a.m. He was 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 1/4 in long. I am too lazy to post the pics so just click on the picture and it will take you to an online album =)If you are interested in the story its kind of a long one but has a happy ending! I started having contractions on Wednesday afternoon after my doctor appointment. As the day went on they got much closer together and MUCH more painful. At about one in the morning I decided it was time to go the hospital...we got there and the started monitoring me and baby. My contractions were less the five min apart and quite strong but I wasn't making any progress. I was still at 2 cm...=( They had a walk around the hospital for an hour. No luck there...still no progress. They gave me a shot of pain meds and sent us home to sleep. That didn't happen! They said to come back in the morning if the contractions had not slowed down. So at about ten we went back in...same story. My contractions were getting worse and worse but no progress. They had us walk around the hospital again...no luck still. Then they sent me over to the womens center to see my doctor and have her strip my membranes. When she checked me I had finally made it to 4 cm so she sent me right back to the hospital. The rest is kind of a blur for me...I was in so much pain. They wanted to wait til I was further along to give me drugs but I wasn't going past 4 cm. Finally they gave me an epidural around 8 p.m. I went from a 4 to a 10 in less then an hour and they had me start puching just before 9 p.m. They said he was really low and they could see his head and that we would have our baby within the next hour. WRONG! I pushed and pushed and pushed!!! A little after midnight they had me stop pushing and rest for awhile. I looked good the baby looked good but he just wasn't really wanting to come out. Around 1 a.m. his heart rate started to drop...the nurses called my doctor back in. Everyone was panicing...not a good thing. They started screaming at me to push and gave me pitocin to speed up the contractions. The cord was around his neck and his heart rate kept dropping. I don't remember much...I was exhausted and pushed until I literally could not push anymore. Then he finally came out...this is the good part right?! No, I keep waiting to hear him scream and nothing. My husband had a horrible look on his face and I started to panic. I was basically hysterical wondering why my baby wasn't making any noise. They took him away and I had no clue what was going on. He had come out not breathing and white as a ghost. The cord was short and wrapped around his neck. He wasn't getting air or enough blood. Kev went with him while the put him on oxygen and iv's (which took about ten pokes...poor guy.) and my mom came in with me while the sewed me up. He was born at 1:40 and I didn't see him until 5:30...longest four hours of my life. The nurses printed out a picture and brought it in to me. He was off oxygen by the next morning and had to stay on iv's for a few days. When we finally did get to hold him once he was off the oxygen it was the most amazing moment. I have never felt such love and relief and joy all at once. We stayed in the hospital a few days but got to come home on Mother's Day. The perfect gift...a healthy baby boy that we finally got to bring home. I know things could have turned out much worse...we are so thankful for the great doctors and nurses that took care of us. It was such a scary experience and our prayers were truly answered. Mason is just perfect...we love him so much! We are so grateful for our families and the support that they were. My mom came and stayed for two weeks and I was so sad to see her go...I don't know if I could have got through that night without her. We are home...life couldn't get any better. I have yet to catch up on sleep but I guess I will in 18 years =) After 30 hours of labor 4 hours of pushing and quite possible the worst pain I have ever experienced...I would do it all again in a second for this amazing little boy. He is definately worth it! I am truly blessed with an amazing husband (who has taken such good care of me and is such a great daddy!) and a beautiful son!
8 comments:
We are SO happy for you, Sabrina!! (and Kevin AND Mason. :) Praise God he is here safely. :D Enjoy that soft baby skin. So precious.
Wow, Sabrina I am so glad everyone is safe and healthy. I seriously almost cried reading that story. I had a rough labor with Max and he didn't cry right away so I can imagine to a small degree what you felt. You are so brave! You already have the #1 Mom award:) Best wishes for a speedy recovery and adjusting to the new life of motherhood. Hope to meet your little family someday soon.
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Sabrina! I can't even imagine! I'm so glad everyone is safe and sound and that you are able to hold and cuddle your little bundle of joy. I can't wait to meet him someday! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood! Cherish every moment of it.. it will be the best time of your life! :) Lots of love,
Shyanne
What a scary experience. I'm sooo glad that everybody is healthy! Congratulations!
He is the cutest little guy and I think he looks a lot like you Sabrina! Glad that everything turned out ok. What a trooper you are!
I am so happy that everything worked out alright!! Yeah for good Dr.'s and nurses. He is a adorable and I'm so excited for you both. If you are ever up around 3 am know that I'm up there w/ you!
I'll have to admit, I definatly cried reading this post. I can only amagine the pure love and joy you have as a mother :) Congrats. I'm so happy for you and your new family :)
I'm so glad everything turned out all right! And I thought my labor was rough. That had to be so scary and hard, I'm glad he is doing great now. It shows what a little fighter he is. Good luck on the sleep part, that won't happen, but they are totally worth it. Love ya!
Post a Comment