BABY!!!
About a week ago (I know I can't keep a secret very long) I got a postive pregnancy test.
This is the first test. I of course did not trust it and had to take two more...the next two mornings...before I really believed it!
And here are the next two...all three say "pregnant" so it must be so! I was (am) SO EXCITED!!! I wanted to tell Kev so bad but he was at work and I decided I should wait until he got off the boat (which was six days away!!) It was a LONG six days and while I had the intention of not telling anyone before my husband knew...I cracked and told a few. But I came up with a really cute plan on how to tell Kev. The day he got off the boat I was going to get us chinese food. I had bought some fortune cookies and made Kev his own fortune with the BIG NEWS! I was SO EXCITED for him to get home. Seriously longest six days ever...
Here is our dinner...After we finished dinner I asked Kev if he wanted his fortune cookie. He says "No, I don't like them. But I guess I'll see what it says." He goes over to the kitchen sink and opens it. There were two fortunes in it...the one that had been in there before and the one I put in. I had made two cookies the same so which ever he grabbed would say the same thing. He pulls out the fortune (I can't see which one..) throws it on the table and says...thats exciting (totally sarcastic!). Then throws away the cookie. I am not happy...thinking where is the other fortune! He had thrown it away. He was tired and going to sit down and I made him come back over to the table and read my fotune.
Which read....I stuck it right in front of his face so there was no WAY he could miss it. He started freaking out and saying "really? really?" He didn't believe me...but once it sunk in he got VERY excited!!! My plan didn't work perfect (stupid fortune) but he was definitely SURPRISED!! We are so happy and feel so blessed to have a baby on the way. I'm only five weeks along but we're so excited to wanted to share the good news!
10 comments:
SABRINA THIS ALMOST MADE ME CRY!!! That is the cutest thing ever!! GOOD IDEA!! So happy for you!!!
Congratulations! Very creative way of telling him :-)
Sabrina,
This is Hailey Christensen from Bend, I have been keeping up on your blog for awhile but just wanted to say congratulations! What a cute way to tell your husband! I hope your doing great!
Sabrina
I am so happy for you!!! Your mom kept it a secret til last night.. She was so proud.. I've been smiling ever since I found out!! So much love to you both
Christy
Sabrina, I am SO HAPPY for you! (sad that I can't seem to get pregnant) but I am SO EXCITED for you and Kev. I know how badly you wanted this, and I know that you are going to be an AMAZING Mommy! Now lets really try to plan a day together, I will call Tera to see if she can get away! :) Have a fabulous day. Congrats!
Hooray!! Hooray!! Hooray! This is such awesome news! Babies are the best thing ever. I am so happy you get to experience parenthood. I can't believe you had to wait 6 whole days to tell your hubby. I loved your announcement! Very cute and creative! I hope you haven't been too sick.
OMG!!! That's wonderful! Congrats! :)
Congrats my cute friend! That is exciting news. I hope you continue to feel great, you'll make a great mom!!
Oh my goodness! Congrats girl. that's so exciting :)
I am truely so excited for you!! & what a cute way to break the news!!! Congrats & hope that all goes well!!
Post a Comment